Our Chaplaincy Team
St Mary’s Primary School established a chaplaincy team which was presented to the pupils as ‘The Prayer Council’ in September 2013. The chaplaincy team is run by Mrs Howie-Lee.
The role of ‘The Prayer Council’ was:
- To help our school to be a community of faith.
- To encourage our fellow pupils to witness their faith in daily living.
- To develop good relationships within and beyond our school community.
- To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of our school.
- To continue to involve pupils in fundraising for charities.
- To continue to develop strong links with our Parish.
- To support the school in its Mission Statement.
Already in such a short time, our Chaplaincy Team has fulfilled its role by:
- Helping to prepare one of the weekly Gospel Assemblies.
- Promoting ‘Saints Day’
- Organising various charity fund-raising events.
- Suggest ideas for RE resources and purchasing new sets of Bibles for classroom use.
- Helping to lead a fortnightly whole school prayer assembly.
We have also thought of how we can work together to help us be a successful Chaplaincy Team.
- Listen to each other’s ideas.
- Communicate with all the members, school and parish.
- Encourage everyone, when making decisions, to share their ideas.
- Include everyone when making decisions.
- Remember Jesus’ example to love everyone.
If you have any ideas that you wish to share with us then please let us know.
To become a new member of the Chaplaincy Team for the 2018/19 Academic Year the children discussed the role in class and were voted in or wrote a letter of application.