Our Chaplaincy Team
St Mary’s Primary School established a chaplaincy team which was presented to the pupils as ‘The Prayer Council’ in September 2013. The chaplaincy team is run by Mr Coath and Mr Bracey.
The role of ‘The Prayer Council’ was:
- To help our school to be a community of faith.
- To encourage our fellow pupils to witness their faith in daily living.
- To develop good relationships within and beyond our school community.
- To support Liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of our school.
- To continue to involve pupils in fundraising for charities.
- To continue to develop strong links with our Parish.
- To support the school in its Mission Statement.
Already in such a short time, our Chaplaincy Team has fulfilled its role by:
- Helping to prepare one of the weekly Gospel Assemblies.
- Promoting ‘Saints Day’
- Organising various charity fund-raising events.
- Suggest ideas for RE resources and purchasing new sets of Bibles for classroom use.
- Helping to lead a fortnightly whole school prayer assembly.
As we move forward with our Chaplaincy Team in the 2015-2016 Academic Year we hope to:
- Work with other Chaplaincy Teams as a way to share our experiences and learn new ideas.
- Promote bible stories throughout the school as part of a lunchtime club.
- Create a Prayer Garden.
- Share our mission with our wider community.
We have also thought of how we can work together to help us be a successful Chaplaincy Team.
- Listen to each other’s ideas.
- Communicate with all the members, school and parish.
- Encourage everyone, when making decisions, to share their ideas.
- Include everyone when making decisions.
- Remember Jesus’ example to love everyone.
If you have any ideas that you wish to share with us then please let us know.
To become a new member of the Chaplaincy Team for the 2017/18 Academic Year the children discussed the role in class and were voted in or wrote a letter of application.