School closure update: The school has been open to certain year groups from the 1st June. See our news pages for further detail. Our Section 48 report has been published. We are very proud of our outcome and I want to thank staff, children parents and IEB for enabling this outcome. Thank You!
COVID-19 - School Closure Information
Thank you for visiting our school Website.
As with all schools in the UK, we are following government guidance with respect to school closures and opening in response to Coronavirus. This means that St Mary's Catholic School has been open to certain year groups from the 2nd June 2020. Currently we are accepting children from Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 and will be opening to Nursery from the start of next week. We are also open for the children of of employees critical to the COVID-19 response and children who may be socially or educationally vulnerable. Our News and Home Learning pages contain the latest updates with respect to this.
Regardless of this, the Government and St Mary's School, still requests that even these parents, try to ensure their child remain at home and respect social and physical distancing guidelines.
To this end and for the safety and well-being of our staff and other children, please continue to respect the following key principles:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, they should be.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- Where or a family member living in the same house develop a new and continuous cough, have a high temperature or experience a loss of taste and smell, they should self-isolate, obtain a test for COVID-19 by phoning NHS 111 and not return to school until they receive a negative test results or they return to full health. Please do not send your child to school and risk infecting others. Thank You.
Please see our News Page for latest updates.
The staff at St Mary's Catholic School, thank you in advance for your support and pray for your continued good health.
Latest School Events
- Summer Holiday - School closed23Jul2020
- TD Day - School closed to pupils01Sep2020
- TD Day - School closed to pupils02Sep2020