Welcome to 'Barack Obama' Class
Class Teacher: Mrs McDonagh
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Hughes
Page currently under construction......
“We are all children of God, one family working together to develop a community of shared values, shared challenges and equal opportunities through knowledge and understanding of the Gospels, with Jesus Christ as our teacher.”
St Mary’s Catholic School Mission Statement
Detailed information packs from the ‘Meet the Teacher’ evening have been sent home in which a summary of this term’s learning may be found. As a brief reminder, please see below for a recap of the the learning that will be delivered this term:
- Creation/Judaism/Prayers, Saints and Feasts
- Handwriting – Letter-join.
- Reading – guided reading every day/ a cycle of 4 adults listening to children on a weekly basis, including the class teacher.
- Spelling – No Nonsense scheme. Daily. Incorporates ¾ and 5/6 spellings and patterns from the Year 6 Curriculum.
- Grammar, spelling and punctuation – taught through our Class Text: The Arrival by Shaun Tan. Weekly homework will be sent home.
- Power Maths – Singapore style maths scheme.
- Daily problem solving and arithmetic.
- Number and place value to 10,000,000.
- Weekly arithmetic.
- Weekly homework.
- Science/DT – light/spectrum wheels.
- History – Corsham/aspects of local history/ The Burlington Bunker/Corsham Court / The Weavers’ Cottages.
- Geography - Corsham /types of settlement/ land use/economics and trade.
- ICT – E-Safety.
- Art – drawing in perspective/ sketching/collage.
- PE – Real PE and Rugby.
Should there be any questions, please feel welcome to come in and discuss.