Current Vacancies at St Mary's School
MDSA / Play Leaders
We are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic individuals to join our lunch time staff to supervise pupils both in the lunch hall and on the playground.
We would welcome applicants who are:
- Willing to work well as part of a dedicated team of both MDSAs and Teaching assistants to support lunch time play as well as undertaking supervisory activities. These activites could include:
- Leading children’s games
- Encouraging children to include each other in play
- Helping children to resolve disagreements independently
- Addressing incidents of poor behaviour choices
- Able to carry out a variety of supervisory duties that will include:
- Setting up / clearing away the lunch hall.
- Clear spillages and cleaning the floor.
- Helping children with their lunches e.g cutting food
- Encouraging children to eat their lunches
- Minor first aid incidents
- Other tasks as specified by the school’s leadership team or senior MDSA
- Familiar with the need to safeguard children and understand its importance.
- Willing to support the Catholic ethos of the school.
We can offer a school that:
- Is founded on Christian values
- Believes it is important to nurture as well as challenge pupils.
- Has a welcoming and friendly environment with a dedicated team of staff.
- Has happy, well behaved children who are keen to learn.
- Values inclusivity, is proud of its diversity and is a place where families are encouraged to take an active part in the life of the school.
- Is a school community that sees learning as a life long journey where our goal is to improve the life chances of our pupils.
- Has a committed and knowledgeable Governing Body who challenge and support school leadership.
Hours of work: 1 hour 30 minutes / day – Monday to Friday (Term time only - 38 weeks / year)
11:45 – 13:15.
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date (and time): 12 noon Tuesday 29th March
Interview date: Friday 1st April
Commencement date: As soon as possible, following completion of satisfactory safeguarding checks.
We welcome and encourage visits from prospective applicants. Please contact Nicki or Karen (School Office Team) on 01249 653469 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Please email or post completed application forms to the admin address. Applications must contain a statement of intent in the additional information section of the application form that is no longer than 2 sides of A4.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.