Current Vacancies at St Mary's School
0.4 Class Teacher
Following changes to the school’s staffing structure, we are looking for a versatile, enthusiastic and dedicated primary practitioner to provide consistent class teaching cover. For the coming academic year this will be to enable the school’s leadership team to have dedicated time out of class. The cover could be in KS1 or KS2. This position will be a fixed term one year contract but could, for the right candidate, be a permanent contract pending a school staffing structure review at the end of the next academic year.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is a warm and inclusive 1FE mainstream primary school. We have recently joined The Dunstan Catholic Educational Trust and are looking forward to the next chapter in our growth and development. As a Catholic primary school we have a strong Catholic foundation but also welcome any applicant willing to support our Christian ethos.
As we are a small primary school, applicants should be versatile practitioners willing to support the leadership of an aspect of the curriculum. Any specialisms or interests should be stated in your application. Applicants should have the ability to work in any year group within the primary age range.
We would welcome applications from a recently qualified or experienced primary practitioners who are:
· Willing to support the Catholic Christian foundation of the school.
· Open and approachable, demonstrating good humour and empathy.
· Dynamic and inspiring and committed to making learning fun through developing and delivering a creative curriculum.
· Creative and forward thinking, with high and inclusive expectations for all.
· Able to work in collaboration with others for the benefit of the children in their class and the school as a whole.
· Passionate about inclusive education and able to proactively engage with all within the school community.
· Able and willing to work across the primary age range.
· Able to effectively lead or support the leadership of least one area of the primary curriculum.
We can offer a school that:
· Has a committed Christian foundation.
· Believes it is important to nurture as well as challenge pupils.
· Has a welcoming and friendly environment with a dedicated team of staff and supportive parent community.
· Has happy, well behaved children who are keen to learn.
· Values inclusivity, is proud of its diversity and is a place where families are encouraged to take an active part in the life of the school.
· Is a Christian school community that sees learning as a life long journey where our goal is to improve the life chances of all pupils.
· Has a committed and knowledgeable local governing body who challenge and support school leadership.
Hours of work: 0.4 FTE
Contract type: Fixed Term for the 2023 – 2024 academic year
Closing date (and time): Friday 19th May 2023 – 17:00
Interview date: Wednesday 24th May 2023
Commencement date: 1st September 2023
Application packs (including an application form, job description and person specification) are available on our school website or can be requested from the school office.
We welcome and encourage visits from prospective applicants.
Please contact Nicki or Karen (School Office Team) on 01249 653469 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Please email or post completed application forms to the office address. Applications must contain a statement of intent in the additional information section of the application form that is no longer than 2 sides of A4.
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.