Current Vacancies at St Mary's School
Please find below detailed our current vacancies
Introduction letter from the Head Teacher
Midday Supervisory Assistant - MDSA / Play Leader
We are seeking to appoint two enthusiastic individuals to join our lunch time staff to supervise and lead children’s playground play.
We would welcome applicants who are:
- Willing to work well as part of a dedicated team of both MDSAs and Teaching assistants to support lunch time play as well as undertaking supervisory activities. These activites would include:
- Leading children’s games and play so that they become more physically active during our lunch hour.
- Encouraging children to include each other in play
- Supporting the school’s Sports Leaders to facilitate play with their peers
- Helping children to resolve disagreements independently
- Addressing incidents of poor behaviour choices
- Familiar with the need to safeguard children and understand its importance.
- Willing to support the Catholic ethos of the school.
In addition, there may also be times where the post holder may need to carry out a variety of supervisory duties that will include:
- Setting up / clearing away the lunch hall.
- Clear spillages and cleaning the floor.
- Helping children with their lunches e.g cutting food
- Encouraging children to eat their lunches
- Minor first aid incidents
- Other tasks as specified by the school’s leadership team or senior MDSA
We can offer a school that:
- Is founded on Christian values
- Believes it is important to nurture as well as challenge pupils.
- Has a welcoming and friendly environment with a dedicated team of staff.
- Has happy, well behaved children who are keen to learn.
- Values inclusivity, is proud of its diversity and is a place where families are encouraged to take an active part in the life of the school.
- Is a school community that sees learning as a life long journey where our goal is to improve the life chances of our pupils.
- Has a committed and knowledgeable Governing Body / IEB who challenge and support school leadership.
Hours of work: 1 hour 15 minutes / day – Monday to Friday (Term time only - 38 weeks / year)
12:00 – 13:15 or 11:45 – 13:00 (to be agreed at interview)
Contract type: Fixed term for 1 year pending a staffing review.
Closing date (and time):
Commencement date: As soon as possible, following completion of satisfactory safeguarding checks.
Please contact the school office if you are interested in the above positions. An application form can be found here